A Canada-Wide Science Fair must have a vision, mission, purpose, philosophy, and goals that permeate every activity and establish the foundation for the event.
of the BC Host Committee:
Through a province-wide commitment, to organize and develop CWSF 2005 so as to honour the participants through an educational and enjoyable experience.
To encourage young Canadians in their interest and involvement in the pursuit of excellence in science and technology.
• To support and encourage students in their pursuit of excellence and a possible career path in science
• To provide an event that rewards students for achieving a national level of excellence in science, while providing enjoyment, opportunities for meeting others, and a strong sense of being honoured
• To provide an event that showcases UBC, Greater Vancouver, the West Coast, and British Columbia
• To provide an event that incorporates all interested persons from across British Columbia who share an interest in Science Fairs
• To provide an opportunity for the involvement of the science and technology industry of British Columbia and Canada in the CWSF 2005.
• To provide students and teachers in British Columbia an opportunity to focus on and be exposed to the CWSF 2005
To have exhibitors join with their peers from other parts of Canada to display
their projects and communicate their ideas at Canada-Wide Science Fair 2005.
• To have fair and encouraging judging so that students can experience pride and satisfaction in their work and benefit through dialogue with judges.
• To have participants become aware of higher education and career opportunities in science while being exposed to a variety of science applications.
• To provide all CWSF 2005 participants with an enjoyable experience.
• To provide multi-lingual services at CWSF 2005.
• To facilitate the work of the Youth Science Foundation (YSF) at the Fair.
• To ensure effective communication with all those involved with the CWSF 2005.